VCP Pressure Relief Valves are the last resort when abnormal pressure conditions endanger the silo structure. This is why sudden excess or suction pressure inside the silo must be dealt with instantaneously. Even though ideally a Pressure Relief Valve should never have to go into action, it must be efficient and reliable if needed. With more than 100,000 units installed worldwide, VCP Pressure Relief Valves have given evidence of being totally reliable under the most different conditions.
Description - VCP Pressure Relief Valves consist of a cylindrical casing with a bottom flange to be connected with a spigot welded on the silo roof, a disc shape inner steel lid for negative pressure operation held in position by a central spring rod, an outside steel ring for excess pressure kept in position by three spring rods, gaskets, and a weather protection cover.
Function - In the VCP Pressure Relief Valve, helical springs keep the valve lids closed when the pressure value remains within the preset limits. The three outside spring rods keep the external ring-shaped lid firmly closed as long as the force generated by the pressure inside the silo does not overcome the spring force. Once the pressure exceeds the preset value the lid is pushed up and the pressure can escape. The smaller lid covers the central circular opening of the external lid from below. It is held in the middle by a single spring rod and is pressed onto the external lid by the normal air pressure inside the silo. In the event of suction pressure, the spring is compressed and allows the lid to drop. The air entering the silo from outside ensures rapid pressure balance and pushes the central lid back up into the "closed" position.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Carbon steel body (VCP2731B) painted RAL 7001 or 304 stainless steel body (VCP2732B)
- Weather protection cover in stainless steel
- Body diameter: 273mm (10 in); 356mm (14in)
- Air volume up to 13,000m3/h (7,650 cfm)
- Equipment for inductive signalling sensors
- Both versions preset for maximum negative pressure of -0.005 bar (-0.07 psi) and maximum excess pressure of + 0.05 bar (0.72 psi)
- Optionally valves can be set for maximum excess pressure ranging from +0.03 bar (0.4psi) to +0.08 bar (1.16psi), as well as for maximum negative pressure of -0.001 bar (-0.014 psi)
- Weight: 9.5kg (21 lbs) for diam 273mm (10 in); 23 kg (51 lbs) for diam 356mm (14 in)
- Lightweight design and reduced overall dimensions make handling extremely comfortable
- High resistance to atmospheric agents
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
Options & Accessories
- ATEX-certified version for zone 21
- Inspection hatch
- Inductive sensors
- Bird net